Helen Keller said, “A bend in the road is not the end of the road… Unless you fail to make the turn.”
This has been a trying year for everyone, but we at Lumen Touch can’t help but end the year with a very bright outlook. Hats off to our partnering school districts – and educators everywhere – as they continue to make Herculean efforts to ensure that their students are taken care of and receive instruction, while we’ve simultaneously watched the edtech industry pull together to support teachers and schools in ways that were unexpected but most welcome. We all have embraced the bend in the road.
Lumen Touch has been fortunate to partner with several innovative companies, rising to the demands and extending the reach of our platform to provide urgent solutions to new challenges, using our Bright SUITE™ product line. This has dramatically reduced some of the constraints and frustrations that teachers and IT teams were unexpectedly confronted with. Two of these very valuable partnerships have helped us significantly impact schooling as we navigate unchartered waters.
The GG4L Digital Stimulus Package – a must for all school districts
Lumen Touch is proud to be one of the solutions offered in the GG4L Digital Stimulus Package, which gives GG4L member schools immediate deployment of a free, fully integrated digital transformation bundle, valued at over $2,500 per school. In addition to a district-branded portal and 60 days of access to Lumen Touch’s Bright CARE™, schools receive:
- Reliable single sign-on School Passport across all apps
- Safe online SchoolTube video sharing for all courses
- Academic achievement self-diagnostic tools through Gooru’s Navigator
- Secure GG4L Virtual Classrooms for all courses (60-day trial)
- Actionable family engagement with native iOS/Android mobile app (60-day trial)
- Hundreds of free online learning resources available from GG4L’s Catalyst catalog
- Bright CARE for management of COVID-19
Better Health and Health Monitoring with Lumen Touch and Tesseract Ventures
Lumen Touch partnered with Tesseract Ventures, a fellow Kansas City-based technology company. Using Tesseract’s PRISM™ technology, Lumen Touch can issue badges for students, allowing the necessary tracking and tracing information to be collected while prioritizing student safety and privacy by shielding individual data from anyone without proper authorization.
Bright CARE’s tools include:
- Temperature tracking and contact tracing
- Tracking of COVID-19 testing
- Monitoring of and alerting on social distancing
- Summary of medical conditions and injuries
- District-wide summary of immunization error dates
- Immunization summary report by type and exemption (to include COVID-19 vaccination)
Kansas City is being recognized as a hot spot for education technology prowess. We are all better together to build an education platform that fills jobs with market-value assets – that is, students succeeding in a new learning environment. Lumen Touch and Tesseract are happy together and want to invite others to the table to develop the future in education.– Dr. John Vandewalle
As 2021 draws near, we are grateful to have partners like these to help us better serve our schools and communities. All of us at Lumen Touch wish you a happy and safe holiday season and a prosperous 2021.